Monday, June 21, 2010

The Four Seasons

It is 'officially' summer. 
At least that's what the weathermen and calendars say. 
But for us, it's been summer since the beginning of May, if not earlier. 
I love it.  I am not complaining one bit.  I wish it was like this year-round.  I am one of those people who would much rather be hot than cold.  That's probably one of the top reasons why I loved living in Phoenix.  What gets me is how people from back East would always ask me how I could live without the four seasons and how everyone always says they love their four seasons. 

What Four Seasons??

We have lived back here now for 5 years after living in AZ, and unfortunately, I haven't experienced a whole lot of the four seasons.  To be honest, it's more like two:  six months of winter and six months of summer.  And when you add in all of the humidity to those summer temperatures....disgusting.  Granted, Arizona summers are pretty unbearable.  However, it's five months of wall-to-wall sunshine, no humidity, and just plain hot.  And then the next seven months it's sunny, 75-80 degrees, and pure perfection.  People actually get excited and enjoy the few rainy days they actually do have, could you imagine?
What brought all of this up was when my next door neighbor 'surfaced' from her home yesterday.  I honestly don't think I've seen her since Christmas.  It was a beautify sunny day, I was outside washing the car, the girls were beside me playing in the baby pool, and she says "I've been hibernating inside, it's so hot out here!"  Really?  So you hibernate all winter, and then when it's finally nice out, you hide inside as well.  Interesting.  And it's not just her, most of our neighbors are the exact same way.  They are never outside, they never have their blinds nor windows open...it's straight from having the furnace on to the A/C.  It's so funny!  What is so great about these 'four seasons' you speak of all the time?

Although I am not going to take back my "I love KY" statement from a few weeks ago, I am going to admit that feeling has now passed and I'm back to normal again....
I love AZ and it's one awesome season!

1 comment: