Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Dinner, Dessert, and Great Conversation

Well, I may not call it 'great' tonight.  Dinners at our house are a little different than most.  Due to Monkey and Bug's Dad's work schedule, it's girls-only at the dinner table for us.  As you can imagine, being that I am talking with a 2-year-old and a 1-year-old, the dinner conversations can be quite the experience.  We talk about what our favorite part of the day was, what we're going to do after we're done eating, and the fun happenings of the next day. 
A peak into tonight's talk...
Me:  "Bug...are you excited to see your friends at Addie's house tomorrow?"

Bug:  "YES!  Can we play on the swings?"

Me:  "Absolutely...it's going to be so much fun!"

Me:  "Guess what is not going to be so much fun for mama tomorrow?"

Bug:  "What's that, mama?"

Me:  "I have to go to the dentist..."

Bug:  "Why?"  (at which point I think she is going to say..'to have your teeth brushed'...but instead...)
"because your breath stinks?"

Me:  "Well, I guess so Bug, thanks." 

...Nothing like your little girl telling you how it is...

And because I love her unconditionally, we proceeded to go outside and enjoy the cupcakes we made together today for her party that she wanted to throw for her dolls...(hence the frosting face!)

(I can't get them to look at me at the same time but the birds in the yard can!)

No comments:

Post a Comment