Monday, September 3, 2012

Whose Shadow?

So I've been told I'm one-sided. Sorry, she's my oldest. I talk about her a lot. She does things first, I have never been through them, they make me emotional, and I want to talk about them. All reasons to write, right?
So Kater-tot. She's a handful. Has been from day one. Has always wanted to be held. Still would if she could. She's a mama's girl, 100%. I am to blame for most of her behaviors. Take full responsibility. And with that, I love her 110%. She and I will be best friends to the grave.
As much as she depends on me, she is independent and very strong-willed. She wants to do everything herself and she would man an army if she so wished. The problem is, she has followed in Bug's footsteps for three years now, and is finally over it. She wants to be her own person. She is tired of following in her sister's footsteps. It's time for her to show who she is. Rock on sister.

This girl is in for a good time and no one is going to stop her...an obvious trait that she picked up from her father. She has passed the test as a flower girl, has done her champagne (apple cider) toast and is definitely ready for whatever anyone has to offer. No fear. Which is SO different than her sister...which makes me so happy, as it is so awesome to have two totally different kids.
 
She has been waiting to start dance class for over a year. She has patiently watched her sister dance each week for the past two years and has the moves memorized. When we took her to her first class last week, I have never seen her run faster in her life.  To put it lightly, she is in love.
 
 
She makes me laugh, cry, and pull my hair out all at the same time. She brings joy, happiness, and craziness to us day in and day out, and for that, we are thankful. She is just what we needed in our lives. Without her, our life would not be complete.
 
 
And to answer one final question that we have been asked quite a lot lately...she has no problem with Bug going to school a few hours each day...clearly. She is loving every minute she has at home with mom and dad.
 
This is nothing close to the look she had on her face last year on Bug's first day.
 
She is ready to show everyone the world of Kater-tot...and let me tell you, it is one amazing ride!  







No comments:

Post a Comment