Wednesday, February 6, 2013

February Favorites

Candy hearts are on the table, valentines have been sent, and fun plans for V-Day are in the works.  Lots to love this month. And for each day until February 14th, the little ones are waking up to this...

 
Every day when the girls wake up, they find a new heart on their door telling them something that we love about them. Simple, fun for them (and me), and adds some free decor as well!

It finally snowed here..liked really snowed. A whole 4 inches. The munchkins are over the moon and going out to play in it every chance they get. While they're outside with Dad, I have been trying out some great new recipes. And although I can't promise they are the healthiest, they're definitely amazingly delicious.
I could eat appetizers all day, everyday.  These are two that would for sure make the cut. I've made both of them for parties, and I wasn't the only one who was in love.
Not sure if it was the cheese, the crackers, or what, but trust me...and thank me later.
 

Pinned Image
Jalepeno Popper Dip



February also brings Awards season, which I have been a huge fan of since forever. The stars, dresses, hair, you name it, I am hooked. My favorite-and also big winner-this year is Downton Abbey. It's making quite a name for itself lately on it's quiet little PBS station, and TOH are proud to say we have been watching since the very beginning. It's not something that would probably catch your attention as you flip through the channels on a Sunday night, but watch one episode and you'll be running to the library to catch up on the first two seasons.
 
Pinned Image


 
For the little girls, my favorite lately is Princess Sofia on Disney Jr.  They literally count down the days until Friday (and I really appreciate that it is only on once a week-I think that is one of the reasons I like it so much) and I honestly sit down for those 25 minutes and find myself laughing along with them and loving the lesson that is taught throughout each show.  Winner.
 
And last, but far from least..my number one for this month is the fabulous app that I found for my new...iPhone!! Pigs are flying, cows are jumping over the moon, and money is growing on trees! I am no longer the owner of a pre-historic, Atari-like flip phone! And as I've been playing with my new toy, I've come across what I can say is the best invention ever. If you know me, you know that I'm a texter. I've never really liked talking on the phone, but texting..I'm a crazy person. Well, my friends, goodbye mass texting, hello Voxer. It's essentially a walkie-talkie app that allows you to send verbal messages back and forth like text messaging, only it doesn't require you to type. Not only is it quicker and safer, but it's way more fun when you hear your friend's voice ask you, 'what are you wearing tonight?' rather than reading it in a text! A definite must-install.
 
Oh..and there's one more reason to love this month..because it's the month before Miami! Lots of love for February, but come on March!
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. LOVE all of your LOVE ideas!!! Great post! Recipes look yummy ! The BEST part by far is the addition of your new phone, enjoy!!!!
    The hearts on the girls' bedroom door is really cute. Almost an extention of Ellie. Love it!

    ReplyDelete