Monday, December 6, 2010

The Grass is Always Greener

Not today. 
As we look out our window today, we have under two inches of snow.  It's pretty.  It makes it feel like Christmas time.  It's not so much that keeps us from going out and about doing what we had planned for the day.  It's enough to go out and play in, but not be swallowed up in.  It's just the right amount. 
Today in our old stomping grounds...their grass is nowhere close to green.  In fact, it's covered in over a foot of white.  And...they are expecting at least another foot.  The Weather Channel is reporting live from there.  School was cancelled.  I lived there for three years and we never missed a day of school. 

Craziness.

I do not miss nor envy you today, Erie.  You can keep your millions of inches of snow and I will enjoy my small, perfect version of my winter wonderland here with no complaints. 
However...I do look forward to playing in it as we head back to what should just be called the North Pole to celebrate TOH's 32nd birthday this weekend!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the comment on my blog. All this snow is crazy, especially for this California girl!

    ReplyDelete