Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A Day of Firsts

December 1st...very fitting for a day of many firsts.  It's my first post of the month, and my first post in many weeks (the holiday craze has begun!). 

We woke up this morning to the first snow...funny, considering I was mowing the lawn and putting up Christmas lights two days ago...(yes, I mow the lawn, and I like it...think alone time from the children...)

'Ellie' made her first return from visiting Santa at the North Pole last night...our first go at Elf on the Shelf...

We had new friends over to play today for the first time and had a blast...pretty sure they will become regulars :)

The Christmas candles were lit for the first time...think this was my most favorite first of the day.

Christmas cards...ALL of them...done.  This is a MAJOR first for me.  I'm usually a 3rd week of December 'mailer'...taking the year off last Christmas left me feeling extremely guilty, so this year, it was the priority.

Christmas songs were finally allowed to be listened to in the car today...after 3 weeks of skipping over them :)

The advent calendars begin today.

And tonight, the house will be lit...

December 1st is a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment