Sunday, November 6, 2011

Nothing Deep

But instead, things off the top of my head...

Saw at least a dozen homes with Christmas decorations going up today.  Some even have them lit tonight.  What happened to Thanksgiving?

No one warned me that having a 4 year old and a 2 year old would be way harder than 2 under 2. 

Movies you need to see:  Crazy, Stupid, Love...The Kids Are Alright...and Love & Other Drugs.  The first one being my absolute new favorite movie.  And if you happen to be a fan of PBS (don't ask)...find Downton Abbey and watch the whole first season before the new one starts in January.  It's fantastic.

Saw a woman carrying a small dog in a Baby Bjorn this week.  I'm all for a man and his best friend, but come on, really?

Had our 3rd Annual 'Thanksgiving Before Thanksgiving' at a good friend's this weekend.  We are always with our families for the actual holiday, so we started having a 'friends Thanksgiving' beforehand...a fabulous idea because it's not fair to only have all of that deliciousness on one day. 


Any chance anyone out there watches Sarah's House on HGTV?  I've been searching everywhere for when the new season starts, but can't seem to come up with anything...

Is it just me, or do higher powers have a plan for each family to have two extremely opposite children...I really cannot even comprehend how drastically different they are-it's scary-and it may quite possibly make me lose my sanity.

Bug has the day off from preschool on Tuesday due to Election Day.  I know it sounds silly, but I am so excited to have her home for an extra day this week (even despite my comment about the 4 & 2 year olds above!)...and although Kater-tot has settled in nicely to Bug being away, I still miss her so much when she's gone.

Going on a mini 'detox' until Thanksgiving Eve. I'm 2 days in.  18 more to go. This should be good. Stop laughing-haha. It's in writing, so I am now being held accountable...

Fun happenings today...two long-time friends, both named Jennifer, both became moms to baby boys this morning...best wishes to them and their new additions!

I can't get enough of this weather...fall is definitely my favorite season...70 degree days full of sunshine, cool nights that are perfect for a fire in the backyard, beautiful leaves covering everything...it's the best. 




No comments:

Post a Comment