Thursday, November 3, 2011

Takin' It Back

Tangled. Cars. Even Toy Story.  Fabulous, well-written, and hilarious...but just not the same. 

On this cold and rainy fall day, Bug and I 'snuggled up' (her new favorite phrase) on the couch together and we took it back to the old school.  No princesses, no evil queens, no princes to live happily ever after with. 

A Classic. 101 Dalmations. She loved it. Her exact words, 'This is the funniest movie I ever seen!'

Peter Pan, Bambi, The Jungle Book, Lady and the Tramp, The Rescuers, Fox and the Hound, Pinocchio, Winnie the Pooh, Dumbo, Robin Hood.  They're all awesome, but tend to be forgotten...why is that?  They appeal to both boys and girls, teach great life lessons, what's not to love?

And it just so happens that the Disney Channel is showing The Aristocats tomorrow, another one of my favorites from back in the day...so you now know where we (or at least I!) will be at 12:30...

Happy Weekend, friends!

1 comment:

  1. Megan it is so funny you are writing this because three days ago Natalie and I turned on Chitty-Chitty Bang Bang which was one my Mom made me watch when I was little and she was bouncing up and down to the music. Never even glanced at Shrek on the next day. Kids love old movies when given the chance to see them. I can't wait to buy my niece Mary Poppins!

    ReplyDelete