Thursday, April 8, 2010

Crafty Cathy

Crafty.  Not a word I would use to describe myself.  A teacher, yes.  But after teaching elementary school for a year, I realized why I liked teaching high school so much.  NOT crafty.
 
Thrifty.  Definitely a word I now use to describe myself.  I think most stay-at-home-moms can relate.

For my friend's baby shower this weekend, I found these adorable onesies online that are rolled up to look like cupcakes...I was all set to order them until I saw the total price and what exactly went in to making them.  For $30, I would have received this in the mail:

Super cute, right?

But instead, I turned on the 'crafty' button and came up with this:



Let's compare the outside now too...

$30...


Thrifty version:

My total price = $15 (plus an extra onesie!)

And on top of everything...I learned how to knit!

No comments:

Post a Comment