Thursday, April 8, 2010

Nice Weather Changes Everything!

As a follow-up to my last post, which was over 2 weeks ago (how quickly time flies!), I have come to the realization that blogging and warm weather are not going to mix well!  During cold, dreary days of the past, I would put the girls down for the naps together and then blog away...however now I throw on my shorts and shades and go out to soak up the sun! 
In addition, spring has brought many travel plans and fun adventures for us...we had our first visit to the children's museum, we went back to our hometown to visit family for Easter, we're off to Pennsylvania for a long-time friend's baby shower this weekend, visiting with a great friend who will be in town from Hawaii next week, the Derby will be here in a few weeks, Sunshine's big 1st Birthday, the arrival of 3 new babies at the end of May/June, our parents-only trip to NYC for 4 days (SO excited for that one!), and the highlight of this month is coming up next weekend...I have a very close group of girlfriends from high school (actually many from elementary school..and 3 of us have been friends since the day we were born!)...and over the past few years everyone has been moving, getting married, having babies, etc. and although we have seen eachother while celebrating these events, we haven't had the chance to actually sit, talk, and catch up like we've really wanted to.  And back in the fall I decided it was time for that to happen.  So I rallied as many of them up as I could and there are 8 of us meeting in the middle of where we are all located to spend 36 hours together and we couldn't be more excited!  Four of us are flying in from all over...(Chicago, SC, and Philly)...while others are taking a 3 hour road-trip...we are leaving behind boyfriends, husbands, babies from 6 months old to 7 years, and we're going to shop, pamper, eat, drink, and laugh with eachother all weekend long.  So, not only has the nice weather got the best of me, but my anticipation and planning for lots of spring-time fun has also kept me a little pre-occupied...
But I promise not to leave the blog in the dust...it will be the window into all of the good times we are having!

No comments:

Post a Comment