Monday, August 30, 2010

Enjoying the Small Things

In addition to sharing my new favorite blog which goes by this very same title, we here at the crazy house are also going to be returning to a bit of a more simple life and take time to enjoy a little more of the small things. 
And as a helpful reminder, I am writing this all down so when the time(S) come and I am about to cave, I can jump on here and see why we are doing what we're doing. 
We have decided that we are going to go "cable-free" starting next month. 
Gasp, I know.  Yes, we're idiots. 
Here's the thing...3 years ago, we lived in a place where it snowed for 7 months out of the year, we didn't have any kids,  we didn't have the internet at our house, or even worse, a computer.  And to top it all off, we didn't have cable.
What did we do???
Well, now that we live in a place where we're lucky to get 10 inches of snow in 3 months, we have 2 kids, a computer with the internet, along with a long list of activities to fill our days with, we thought we'd give it a shot and lose the cable again.  We were quite happy and content before, so I don't see why it would be any different now.  Let's hope I'm right.
One thing I know I will be happy about is the fact that the bill will go from $60 to $13!

So if there's a dramatic increase in blog posts it's just a sign that there is nothing on local TV.
Notice that I have waited until September to do this...just in time for primetime shows on the local channels, which we will have.

4 comments:

  1. can you not skip fall and it's pretty leaves and yummy candles and sweaters and chili and soup and halloween and a new baby? I mean... I'm all for the end of summer... but let's not skip fall.

    You can come watch our cable anytime you want. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely not skipping fall-one of my most favorite times as well :) i was actually thinking of you when i wrote the december one thinking it would give you something to ponder that will finally be happening AFTER BGB's arrival! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. megan, you know the small things blog makes me a mess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete