Monday, June 20, 2011

A Spell

For those of you who know us well, you know we tend to be 'go-with-the-flow/fly by the seat of our pants' people.  Always have, always will.  I try to plan, but that never seems to work out in my favor.  Drama has a way of finding me and causing all sorts of chaos.  I've now become accustom to it and wait for it to happen. 

Bug's 1st dance recital was this past week.  We had carloads of people coming down to celebrate.  Hotel rooms were booked, menus were chosen, activities were planned.  I put together a time schedule and left lots of time for drama to include itself.  But for the first time in as long as I can remember, we were 'drama- free.' 

I think it's thanks to this girl...

Bug's Godmother
that the whole 'production' went A.mazingly perfect.  Ironically, Bug danced to Cinderella and I think it's safe to say that her own real-life fairy godmother cast a little spell on us which helped to make everything better than we could have ever ask for. 
We had grandparents...
And even Great grandparents...

It was a gorgeous day outside, we were (unusually!) early and even had time to take pictures outside (which never happens!) and our little Bug got her second chance on stage and didn't have a moment of hesitation (unlike chance number one)!  Her whole class did awesome~dancing, smiling, waving, and having the time of their lives!

She is the first one on the right

And if you wouldn't have already guessed, as she was literally having a ball up there, I was in my seat bawling all on my own.  She is not allowed to be this old.  I know I keep saying it, but I hope the more I say it, maybe time will somehow start to slow down.  As I watched her up on that stage, all I did was stare at her sweet little innocent face and think, 'she is still supposed to be an 8 month old little baby!'  But there she was dancing away, showing us all the things she has learned over the past year and I just lost it.  (and yes, even having trouble typing this!) 

Then came the finale, and she gave me this...her signature smile and wave and that was all I needed.  I love her to pieces and could not be more proud of our little bug.  As much as this was her dream come true, it was totally mine too.  Now if only I had some way of casting a spell to slow down this whole time thing...

3 comments:

  1. Jaynee Dykes ShermanJune 21, 2011 at 7:23 AM

    LOVED your blog! And its sooo exciting to see your little girl dance just like you did! Your parents look so wonderful - in love with being grandparents! Keep sharing, Peat - love the stories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cinderella's dream did come true! Bug was having the time of her life. The smile and the wave say it all. In her words, "I knew I could do it !" In her perfect style she did it so well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tell me about the time thing when you get the paperwork for Bug's senior year! I have been a mess. And don't forget to laugh (I had to remind myself), when Bug texts you from Italy and says, "I got my belly button pierced. Don't be mad. It looks really good." Gulp. I love that I am not the only one who cries about every little bit of their too-fast lives. xoxo

    ReplyDelete