Thursday, June 30, 2011

Never Before, Definitely Again

My kids have never been the bravest in the bunch.  Thunderstorms...result in sleepless nights.  The cute cow at Chick-Fil-A...we're not hugging her, but instead we're on the other side of the restaurant.  Doctors and dentists...I break into a sweat when I think about how they are going to react when we get there.  So when we made the plans for our adventurous, thrill-seeking 'family-day-out' today, I'm not gonna lie and tell ya I wasn't a little nervous. 

We packed our bags, through naps out the window, and off we went to Kings Island for a big day of fun...it was our first time taking them to any type of amusement park and having them ride on any type of ride (it sounds like we've kept them under a rock, doesn't it?!).  Considering the fact that Bug didn't go down a slide by herself until after she was two (due to pure fear) and for those of you who know Kater-tot and how she is basically my third leg, I pictured myself being the mom of the 'screamers' on all the kiddie rides. 

But thankfully, I can say I was worrying for no reason.  No whining, no fussing, no nothing.  They absolutely loved every second!  You name it, they rode it...

Their first pick!

Bug's 1st roller coaster ride

Of course she would be in the pink car!


These faces sum up the whole day!


 After we finished with all the rides, we headed over to the enormous water park, where they continued on with no fear to the water slides, raft rides, & pirate ships...so much fun!  Not only was I so glad they enjoyed themselves, but I think I had more fun today than I did when I was a kid myself and I can't wait to take them again!  Who would have ever thought?

And just a little something to keep your mind wondering until next week...new bedding arrived today...yay!

Happy weekend, friends!  Be safe!

2 comments:

  1. "...new bedding arrived today..." .... MEGAN... how can you TEASE like this????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am so excited to see that they went on the rides and loved it!! Yea!!!! Their faces did say it all. I'm surprised they even lasted to do the water park. What a great day! I think Dad had as much fun on the roller coaster as Bug did! They are growing up too fast! LOVE ' LOVE, LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete