Sunday, July 3, 2011

Fireworks!

Hope this finds you all enjoying your 4th of July celebrations!  While the fireworks are going crazy outside our house, we have our own little show going on inside this weekend...


Look who's sleeping in her big girl bed!!  I will admit, aside from being super-excited that she loves her bed, I was definitely sad when we took down the crib for the first time since putting it up for Bug four years ago.  A mix of no more cribs and (hopefully) soon-to-be no more diapers is a recipe for some tears (no surprise there, right?!)  for this mama whose girls are growing up way too quickly! 

2 comments:

  1. Tears, tears from everywhere! I love them both so much and knowing the crib is gone is soo soo sad. I know she loves her big girl bed, but I am not ready either to give up on "our little tykes". Where is that magic pill that keeps dogs puppies forever? We need 2 doses of that pill, immediately. That darn yellow school bus is getting way tooooo close. Sleep tight little one, til we read our next story in the BIG BED ! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember feeling that way when my nephews, now 9 & soon to be 8 were exiting that stage... it was sad but yet so exciting. Every age is even better than the one before. I feel for you Peat but know that you will continue to enjoy many many many more years to come of new things, of bigger things and brighter things!
    I recently spent 8 days with them in Costa Rica and had the time of my life. I can't believe how much I was able to see through their eyes. But even better, they could carry their own stuff!
    I do miss the days of cuddling, them needing my help for a simple glass of milk or even reading a book but its so amazing to watch them grow into young people.
    Hang in there... the best is yet to come!

    ReplyDelete