Wednesday, May 5, 2010

I Hope It's a Good One

I usually like to keep my posts pretty positive so that I can look back at all the fun we've had...however, today I am taking the low road...sorry, but I'm so annoyed by this and I need to get it out there!  And this just happened within the hour, so I'm still in 'fresh anger' phase...beware. 
So we head to the local library this morning to what I consider a fun part of our week, Storytime.  The girls absolutely love it and it's a nice opportunity for them to play with other kids and for me to have some 'adult' talk time with the other moms.  Not the case today.  As we pull into the parking lot, we were following an SUV who cut us off at the stop light.  Of course I was irritated (I have a horrible case of road rage and hate when anyone does anything stupid or gets in my way...as you will see)...but I let it go...for about 5 seconds...until the SUV decided to turn the wrong way into the "One Way-Do Not Enter" circle in front of the library and pulled into a Handicapped spot...me=more irritated.  So I park our car, get the girls out, and we proceed to walk past the SUV, when all of a sudden I see a girl my age whip out a Handicapped tag out of her purse, throw it up on the rearview mirror, easily jump out of the front seat and pull her two little girls (Bug and Monkey's ages) and walk, what appeared to be as HEALTHY as could be (all three of them) into the building in front of us.  I was in shock.  I was staring so intently on her that I nearly burnt a whole in the back of her head. 
Now I know there are tons of people out there that do this very same thing everyday and have hidden issues we the public aren't able to see, but I also know there are many people who abuse this privilege and that is one of my biggest pet peeves.
So we sat through storytime...and as you can imagine, I couldn't stop staring..she was up and down, clearly not handicapped in ANY way, nor were either of the girls...and then it was back outside.  Again, she threw the girls back in their seats, as their artwork pages from the class flew out of the car...she watched them as they blew across the parking lot and then proceeded to light up her cigarette and off she went on her merry way...
I was LIVID.  If I wouldn't have had Bug and Monkey with me, I would have spoke my mind...but I don't do confrontation with them around. 
But what I'm secretly hoping is that by some chance this stranger anonymously reads my blog....and I'm hoping that she can give a good reason as to why she does the things she does...other than my reason for her: pure laziness.

I feel much better now.
After getting that out, back to the high road and packing for Monkey's Birthday Party Weekend!!!

4 comments:

  1. Ok, Megan, I was going to try to stand up for this girl. You don't know if she has a heart condition, is carrying a baby on light duty,has just lost one, just had an implant not too long ago, and the list can do go. However, we have a young, capable woman around here who does a similiar thing...smokes, parks in the handicap spots, etc post her special circumstance. It is irritating.

    As for the art work blowing, etc. at least she took them to the library and knows that getting them out of the smokey home is a good thing.

    So, she probably is moving up from where she was raised. Rome wasn't built in a day. :)

    With all of this being said, I am with you...solo, I would say something. With the bpys along, forget it...although I have been known to get so worked up (once or twice) even with the kids in tow that something just blurts out. I don't know where it comes from but it comes and those times it has directly related to my kids.

    I've often though I'd beat a person to death if they ever hit my van and hurt my children. God help me, please...if we should find ourselves in that situation. :/

    Happy birthday weekend to your darling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clearly she had no conditions inhibiting her activity--given her ability to hop out of the car with two kids in tow and participate in story time with ease... and being lazy is not a good reason to park in a handicapped spot. And the laziness is evidenced by letting what instantly turns to trash fly out the window... glad you got to vent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe the girl was blind...since she didn't "see" you and cut you off, then didn't "see" the wrong way sign when she turned in to the library...I'm just sayin' LOL
    Love ya Kristin

    ReplyDelete