Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The 6~8 Week Itch

You've all seen it a hundred times...the ever-so-depressing commercial for depression, "Are you tired, sad, etc."  TOH and I saw it last night, looked at each other, laughed, and said we were both  ready to call the number on the screen.  We are tired, like want-to-sleep-for-a-hundred-years tired.  We are sad that we haven't seen the sun forEVER.   It seems like it's been raining for weeks and it's flipping freezing.  The pretty white snow is gone and now it's just gray.

No matter how hard we try with every 'entertaining' bone in our body, we're just not cutting it any more.  Play-doh is fun, but there's only so many cakes you can possibly create.  All the pages in the coloring books are full.  The couch cushions have had it and can't handle being turned into another fort.  The circles that they've made on their bikes in the basement just may have made a permanent path in the cement floor...

After all the recent talk about the zodiac signs changing, I was reading through mine the other day and it couldn't have been more accurate..."You need to live in a warm, sunny climate."  Ding, ding, ding.

Snow and cold temperatures for Christmas I can handle, in fact, it's welcomed from Thanksgiving to New Years, but just as the decorations come down, this stuff needs to go away for the year as well.  I miss my sunny days...I'm not asking for a heatwave here, just warm enough to take a stroll around the block...or go to the park for five minutes all bundled up in our jackets...I'm easy to work with, really. 

So, no more laying around the house.  (This is me trying to really motivate myself...can you tell?)  We are going to do something (at least) 4 out of 5 days during the week that will get us out...we will, we will, we will...
While everyone else is complaining during the scorching hot summers, I'm quiet.  I love it and I can't wait for those days to return.  However, until then, I am Cathy Complainer.  Sorry friends...

Get here soon, sunshine...PLEASE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment