Thursday, January 20, 2011

Bits and Pieces

My mind has been all over the place this week.  I can't seem to focus on one thing, but rather a hundred different things are running through it.  Here's a few...

Bug will be starting preschool in the fall.  NOT POSSIBLE.  She cannot be this old and she is not allowed to leave me yet.  Okay, back to reality...I don't know why, but I seem to be obsessing about it and want to make sure I find the best one for her.  I'm searching the internet, calling directors, contacting every mom I know who has gone through this...TOH thinks I'm nuts...I think he's onto something.  Her birthday is right around the cut-off date, which means she can either be the youngest in her class, or we can wait and have her be the oldest...I know it's just preschool, but at the same time it's preschool and it is the beginning of her years in school.  For me, it's s-t-r-e-s-s.

...she is still supossed to be my little sleeping baby...

Monkey may need a name change to 'Clown'...while I can already predict that Bug will be the girl in school who tattles on everyone and tries to be the teacher's pet (I say this with love...), Monkey will be the one in the back of the class cracking everyone up.  We were playing 'sleepover' yesterday and we were all pretending to sleep and suddenly Monkey starts fake snoring so much so that we were laughing hysterically.  And then she laughs at herself.  I love her. 
perfect example of the clown...

and the teacher's pet...
(at least we have one of each!)

Funny 'Monkey-ism'...when you give her something, she says, 'Welcome'  not thank you, welcome.  

There is possibility of BIG, BIG fun for us next weekend...can't reveal anthing until it's over, but we are super-psyched...keeping our fingers crossed that the weather cooperates...

My grandmother sent us a card yesterday and said that she was talking with my cousin (who is 19) and she told my grandmother that she thinks TOH and I have a storybook romance and a storybook family.  The next time I see her I will pay her.  But seriously, I think that was one of the sweetest things anyone has ever said to us.  Love her too.

We were told Bug will get her dance costume tonight. I think I'm more excited than she is.  I don't care if there is a foot of snow on the ground, I will get that costume.  Tonight. 

I asked TOH to go out and pick up some dishwasher soap the other night...along with the soap, he came home with these:
best lollipops ever. and they don't make me feel guilty.
even BETTER.
He said he had read the blog and wanted to help with my 'guilt' towards the organic stuff...God love him.  Always thinking. 

He also came home with laundry detergent...it was on sale...it's powder.  I have never in my life used powder.  I don't even know what to do with it (where to put it in the washer?)...is there a special spot for it?  I'm so clueless.  Keep laughing, I deserve it. 

And I'll end with that...time to go play in the white stuff.  Yes, it's not gray anymore.  It's pretty.  yay. 


2 comments:

  1. I LOVE YOU FOR WHO YOU ARE AND HOW YOU LOVE OTHERS! This blog was one of your best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog cracks me up :) I send Ella to Creative Tots (www.creativetots.com)and L-O-V-E it, but everytime I drop her off I don't know what to do with myself because I miss her. I too am not ready for my babies to grow up!

    ReplyDelete