Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Home...Sweet, Funny Home

While this place we currently call home is sweet in many ways, it is crazy funny.  The characteristics of this town used to annoy me when we first moved here, but now I just laugh.  Hysterically. 
It snowed here yesterday.  Total= 4 inches.  Schools closed.  Not 1, but 2 days.  And who knows, they may just be shut down tomorrow too!  I went out to the store yesterday in the middle of 'white death' as they call it and the roads were perfectly clear.  Granted, I know that there are many back and side roads that the crews were still working to get to, but if that were the case, why was our little cal-de-sac done 2 times yesterday and then again this morning at 7am when there wasn't even any new snow on it...therefore, I laugh. 

And while we were laughing, we soaked up the snow...



with an occasional wipeout...


loving the new sleds!

And last night it was all about 'homemade'...everyone made something homemade for dinner...TOH made his to-die-for mashed potatoes, I experimented with a new potato soup recipe, and the girls went the dessert route and made chocolate pudding.  All sorts of good from everyone.

We really do love you, little town.  Not only are you fun and safe, but you provide us with some pretty hilarious (free!) daily entertainment!

2 comments:

  1. It isn't the place, it is the 4 of you being together that really matters. Your homemade snow day sounds like a perfect day anyway you look at it! Enjoy everyday as a gift. I have sound for the first time on your blog ! ! Yeah! Have a great SNOW DAY !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those sleds are adorable. I imagine we will be doing something similar one day. It still snows here more than I'd like.

    ReplyDelete