Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Forever Fortunate

As spring has sprung and the winter clothes are being packed away, the tiny baby clothes are slowly making their return back to their bins. It seems like just yesterday I was anxiously taking them out to prepare for Sunshine's arrival. And now I can't help but think that this may be the last time one of our children will wear all of these teeny, tiny onesies.

It is unbelievable that little Sunshine is quickly approaching the big first birthday. Unbelievable. It is also unbelievable that my husband (who I still have yet to come up with a 'blog name' yet...suggestions welcome!) and I are as truly blessed as we are in our lives. In recent weeks, I have heard more and more scary, heartbreaking, and/or tragic stories of people we are very close to and those we have never met. I have been saying prayers, sending well wishes, and shedding tears on a daily basis. And as my heart continually goes out to others, I can't help but think about my family and how extremely lucky we are. Starting with the unconditional, and a new term that I just came across "Any Way" love that we have for eachother...(the term 'Any Way' -said as 2 separate words-means that no matter what happens , good, bad, happy, sad, etc...we love eachother to the end Any Way). I couldn't have a better partner in my life to share all the wonderful, joyous, difficult, and unforgetable experiences with. We have been so fortunate in our journeys from city to city and state to state, not only with our jobs, but with housing, friends, etc. We have two of the most loving and supportive families that really model true love and great morals. Neither of us could have had more memorable childhoods than what we were given. Now we are beginning those memories for our own children.

When it comes to our girls, our examples of good fortune are endless. To begin with, we had zero difficulty getting pregnant both times (my husband enjoys taking all the credit for this one of course! haha). It happened perfectly and at just the right times, which I am just now experiencing through many others how this is not very typical and can be such a difficult, trying, and emotional situation. Both pregnancies were absolutely wonderful and could not have gone any smoother. Labor and delivery-both happened the exact same way and with the exact same result-perfect, healthy, beautiful baby girls. Post-baby, pretty normal (with a few hormonal adjustments in there as with most!) and back to pre-baby weight within 8 weeks...pretty happy with that. And now, 2 years later, we have two awesome little girls that play together, laugh together, and love eachother just how we had always imagined.

Now comes the question that so many have asked and the one that I ask myself each day as well..."Are we done or do we want another baby?"...

And then I look at what we have been given, and no matter what the future holds, on this day the four of us could not be more fortunate and I thank God everyday for granting us with the family and the love that all of us dream of.

No comments:

Post a Comment