Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Not Sure Why...

First let me preface this post with the idea that this is all for some laughs~

For as long as I can remember, there has always been a word that I have had a really hard time hearing people use. It's not a bad word, it's not rude, there is just something weird about the word that makes it like fingernails on a chalkboard to me.

The word is moist.

Well today, a new word was added to the list. While we were out and about, a very nice woman started talking to my girls. She referred to Bug as being Sunshine's big
"SISSY"...

I almost threw up a little.

I know these are common words that people use a lot and I really have no idea why I feel this way when I hear them. And the funny thing is, after thinking about this newly added word today, I don't mind it when it's used in reference to being a wimp like "you're a sissy"...it's only when it's the psuedo sister name. Strange, right? Well, now those of you who see me often have some ammunition to use against me if you ever want to torture me! But I want to hear if anybody else has any words they can't stand to hear people say, so please share!

5 comments:

  1. I hear ya!

    "That word" along with "Bubby" are two names that my children will NEVER be called... no matter how many strangers try it!|

    If I wanted Kensley to be called "that word" I would have named her that!

    Glad to hear I'm not alone :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank goodness! and yes! the "P" word is another one that I just heard on TV and along came the cringe!!

    And I love that you quoted "that word" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. agreed.....panties. can't stand that word & working at victoria's secret has proved challenging!

    ReplyDelete