Sunday, March 14, 2010

A Weekend of Many Firsts (or firsts after quite awhile!)


Weekends around here are usually pretty low-key, but this was one that will go down in the record books. Not that anything super-crazy went down, but lots of memories were made and I am sitting here tonight a very happy wife and mom. First, let's start with the fact that I have not cooked a meal since Thursday night...Friday we checked out a local church fish fry (Bug and Sunshine's first!), Saturday was a delicious dinner at a friend's house, and then tonight was take-out...now don't get me wrong, it's not like I slave over a hot stove every weekend, but we usually cook at least one meal together, so this goes down as a treat!

Bug's ready for the Fish Fry!

Our next big first involved Bug, a backpack, and tears. Her favorite character is Curious George, and she recently saw him wearing a backpack and of course, wanted her very own. Luckily, we had one stashed away in the basement...however, I didn't realize what I was getting myself into. Although it was all in fun and she is still quite sometime away from actually going to school, as soon as she strapped it on her back, my eyes were filled with tears! So we grabbed a quick picture and off came the bag! Lesson learned: we will have to play dress-up with the bag regularly so that I can toughen up before this whole school thing happens!


Next...something that hasn't happened in over 3 years (but yet something that used to happen every weekend for years upon years)...I managed to get over 12 hours of sleep not just one night, but TWO nights in a row. This is huge. Prior to babies, we used to sleep in until at least 1-2pm each weekend, sad, but true...so you can imagine the shock when Bug came along. But by crashing out by 8:30 each night this weekend, I re-lived a tiny part of my 'pre-parent' weekends!

This next first was a total surprise and thankfully it all happened without anyone getting hurt. As I was cleaning up the kitchen tonight, I look over at the girls sitting at the table and I see Bug's spoon going straight for Sunshine's mouth. All on her own, she decided that it was time for her little sister to have some yogurt and she was going to feed it to her. So again, I grab the camera to catch this first 'sister feeding', she goes for it, and it was a huge success. Sunshine loved it and they sat there and laughed at eachother the whole time.


And last, but MOST importantly, the biggest first of all is we are finally able to say that we have a baby that crawls!!! This was something I never thought I was going to experience, as Bug never rolled or crawled, and Sunshine has shown no interest of crawling up until today! She was lying down on the floor and for once, we didn't put any toys around her (second lesson learned this wknd). We were all kind of doing our own thing and the next thing we know she is the whole way across the floor playing with her toys! We were shocked and we looked at eachother and asked 'HOW did she do that?!?' and then proceeded to watch her crawl/scoot herself around all over the place. It was awesome and the highlight of our weekend of firsts!


Yay for Sunshine!

1 comment:

  1. What an EXCITING post!

    {I love the girl's names you blog with}

    And it should go without saying that I'm TOTALLY obsessed with Bug's dress... those the same exact colors I want to do the nursery in!

    Keep the posts {and pictures} coming!

    ReplyDelete