Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Another Mom's Treasure

I've never been one to buy used things...from cars, to clothes, to toys...I have never bought anything at a yard sale or a garage sale...I don't know why, it's not like I have money flowing freely or anything like that (I am a coupon-clipping, clearance shopping girl!), but that's just the way it's been.
That is,

until TODAY.

My whole world changed today and I am kicking myself for everything that I have been missing out on all these years! An awesome friend introduced me to this fun, twice-a-year event called
"Little Treasures"

Now, I'm not sure if this is something that is local or if you can find these in other cities as well, but I can't believe I haven't experienced this before today!

A quick description: people sell never or gently used clothes, toys, and pretty much anything child-related that you could get at Babies-R-Us, Toys-R-Us, or anywhere you buy kids stuff only at ridiculously slashed prices.
I went there today thinking I would buy one or two things,
hoping to spend no more than $30.

Well, I came home with....a huge ball pit (including 50 balls), a Disney Princess computer cash register, a Sit-N-Spin (the best, right!), Mr. Potato Head, a dollhouse (people and furniture included), a Dora Memory game, and a huge container of big-block Legos...

all for...

twenty-four dollars

yes, 2 -4.

I was in shock and like a little kid on Christmas morning! Now the hardest part is going to be waiting to play with them because we are going to save them for 'presents from the Easter Bunny' (in hopes of not giving so much candy!) Although I may give in with one toy because I am so excited to play with their used-to-some/NEW to US toys!
So, today I come away as a new believer in the saying:
~One Mom's Junk Is Another Mom's Treasure~
(and now, I may have second thoughts as I pass by the millions of yard sales this summer!)

1 comment:

  1. I love getting good deals and am anxiously looking forward to your Easter post to see the girl's excitment when they see their new toys!

    I TOTALLY hear ya' on the "not so much candy" theory... if only Grandparents and other family memebers could understand as well, huh?

    ReplyDelete