Saturday, October 30, 2010

Mirror, Mirror On The Wall

The best mirror is an old friend.
                                         ~George Herbert

When I talk to people about old friends, most of them refer immediately to college friends.  For whatever reason though, I walked away from college with a only a handful of great friends (and my husband-yay!). Was I sitting in my dorm room studying my years away-sure wasn't.  During my freshman year, I was lucky enough to meet two great friends who lived across the hall, and we are all still very close today.  I was part of an awesome sorority...I met and became good friends with a lot of them, but like I said, other than a few...I, yet again, am outside the box on this one. 

The majority of my old friends are from high school.  Not the norm, I know.  Some even from as far back as elementary and middle school.  And it's not just one or two people, there are over 10 of us who all still remain in close contact and go out of our ways to get together whenever we can.  I know it seems strange (as we get told this all the time), but there is just something about all of us that 'clicked' back then and still continues to 'click' today.
~A mix of high school and college~

~High School Girls~
And with Thanksgiving right around the corner,
I can't tell you how much I'm anticipating spending time my lifelong girls.
They are kind, they are caring, they are passionate about everything they do in their lives.
They are successful businesswomen, they are stay-at-home-moms. 
They are always there if there is a problem,
they are always there to laugh and share a good glass of wine.
We laugh, we cry, we have moments together we will never forget.
I can't help but think how grateful I am to have such an amazing circle of friends.
And not only do I have these awesome 'old' friends...but I have also been so fortunate to make such fantastic new friends in our travels over the past few years.  From teacher friends, to my UOP girls, to all the TV-land girls I've been lucky enough to meet through TOH, to friends through mutual friends...
you have all had such a great impact on my life!

~The college '6-pack'~

Thank you girls for giving me so many reasons to smile when I look in that mirror.


1 comment:

  1. So many things we can take time to be thankful

    for, but good friends are especially valuable.

    You girls are so lucky in all your

    accomplishments of families, jobs, and respons-

    ibilities that you have stayed connected.

    Enjoy each time you have together, friends

    are a true gift in life, one to cherish!

    ReplyDelete