Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Perfect.

I love gifts.  Buying, wrapping, giving, awaiting, receiving, opening.  Love them.  But despite my love for gifts in general, it has been a long time since I have felt this crazy about something.  So much so that this was supposed to be my Christmas gift, but I couldn't wait that long and needed to have it in my hands as soon as humanly possible.  And after three and a half weeks of waiting by the door like a puppy waiting for someone to come home, I saw the mailwoman place the package in the mailbox today and could not get out that door fast enough.  They're here.

Shiny.  Silver.  One-of-a-kind.  The Little Love Charmer from Tina Steinberg.  The girls' fingerprint impressions are on one side of each of the charms and their names are inscripted on the other.  They are simple, unordinary, and timeless.  And as Kelle Hampton (my inspiration for doing these) said in her blog, 'I keep finding myself reaching up and grasping them, rubbing my fingers along those sweet impressions.'  Ditto.  I love that I literally have my girls hanging so close to my heart no matter how far apart we may be.  In this girl's world, it's pretty much the perfect gift. 

1 comment: