Tuesday, March 15, 2011

19 Miles

Unfortunately, we're not talking running miles here.  I wish.  But rather a road trip. 

For this...
Perfection in a glass.  Think Thin Mints smashed up in a cup.  Delish. 

The back story...during all my years growing up in Pennsylvania, Shamrock Shakes were always part of the St. Patrick's Day tradition.  They went together like Halloween and candy.  Three years ago we moved.  And until then, I just assumed that everyone in the world enjoyed these delicious treats like we did.  W-R-O-N-G.  Our first St. Patty's Day here, I drove around to 7 McDonalds in the area searching for the shakes and the employees looked at me like I was nuts.  Finally, when I asked if they ever had them, someone told me,  "Yes, but only at one certain time during the year."  Hmmm.  Interesting.  Wondering when that 'time' is...  Last year, I didn't even try.  I erased them from my memory.  Or at least tried. 
This year...I couldn't do it.  I had to have one.  Too many Facebookers posting about how much they were loving theirs.  Jealousy kicked in.  I became a crazy woman on a mission. 

As you can see, mission accomplished.  19 miles later.  Multiple Shamrock Shakes.  Lots of happy family members. 

Now, onto running those miles...

No comments:

Post a Comment