Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Little of this & that

Not a lot of major happenings to report as of late, but just lots of sporadic thoughts...

Just went in to check on Bug, who after not falling asleep until after 10:30 last night, was out by 7:45 tonight...so she's crashed out and I stood over her for probably a good five minutes just watching her sleep.  No matter how crazy they may drive you during the day, watching how peaceful and innocent they are when they sleep cancels all of that out.  But I will tell you, as I was standing there, I did have a random thought about the book, Love You Forever...you know, the one where the 80-year old mother climbs into her grown-son's bedroom at night and rocks him while he's asleep?  I know that it's a super-popular book that makes a lot of people weepy, but I have to say I think it's just a little creepy.  For the record, I did not pick her up and start rocking her...

The circus.  Like I said, I was a little scared.  Don't know why, because it was one of the best shows I've seen in a long time.  The circus is nothing like it was when I was young.  At least not what I remember it to be.  Not as many clowns and lots of elephants.  Two very good things.



The girls were in awe.  And not gonna lie...at one point, I had to look around at the other adults to see if they were as shocked as I was at some of the performances.  Unbelievable. 

My question of the week...why does it seem like the kids always want you to play with them when you are trying to get something important done, but then when you do sit down and want to play, they want nothing to do with you...then again, maybe it's just mine?

Bug's new thing...running into the room with both hands up in the air yelling, 'W-INNING!!'  Their brains are seriously sponges. 

While reading a book about using your manners this week there were 'What would you do?' questions at the end of the book...
Me: 'What do you do when your parents tell you it's time to take a bath?'
Bug: 'Get naked!!!'
And she laughs...and so do we.  Guess maybe we need to get some books on 'being appropriate?' 
Love her.

Finally...got my hands on some great wine today...best part is...it was $3.97.  Cork and all.  Pair that up with my shamrock shake and today was pretty much money. 

In the words of my oldest, I think there was a whole lot of winning going on today.

No comments:

Post a Comment